2018-06-18 | Diplomacy
Moscow's anger grows as Kazakhstan bolsters co-operation with US
Russian officials cannot hide their fury as Central Asian states are increasingly turning to Washington for economic and security co-operation.
2018-06-15 | Women's Rights
Politicians, civil society activists, artists and schoolchildren are protesting the murder of 19-year-old Burulai Turdaaly Kyzy, who was killed, allegedly by her abductor, last month.
2018-06-15 | Youth
'The Role of Youth in Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalisation That Lead to Terrorism' conference was held in Tashkent and Samarkand June 11-12.
A Kremlin-backed website featuring a forged letter from Uzbekistan's Foreign Ministry to the US ambassador to Uzbekistan again spotlights Russia's efforts to divide Washington and Tashkent.
The project is part of an effort to bring as many as 700,000 tourists to Taraz each year.
2018-06-12 | Security
In contrast, the United States has provided $7.7 billion in aid for Syria and Syrians displaced throughout the region.
USAID and Uzbekistan will work together to improve rule of law across the country, according to a memorandum signed June 8.
2018-06-08 | Crime & Justice
Any Kazakh citizen found to be involved in anti-Ukrainian separatist movements, or any other Russian-backed adventurism, will receive severe punishment in Kazakhstan, warn officials in Astana.
Kazakhstan is dealing with high inflation and growing social discontent, while in Kyrgyzstan, 1 in 5 companies in the re-export business have gone bankrupt since the EEU began in 2015.
- Uzbek authorities detain US citizen on terrorism charges
- Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan eye UN Security Council membership in 2028-2029
- Kazakhstan restores historic mosque in Taraz
- Kyrgyz police arrest woman for allegedly impersonating high officials
- Tajik border guards seize 62kg of drugs in 3 shootouts
- Kyrgyzstan to strengthen parliament security with X-ray scanner, metal detectors
- UN-supplied equipment bolsters capacity at Kyrgyz-Uzbek border crossing
- Kyrgyzstan's National Bank creates cyber-security department
- Kyrgyzstan vows to hunt down corrupt government officials
- Almaty opens new centre for children with special needs
- Ukbek national receives life sentence for Stockholm truck attack
- International donors promise to fund solar plant in Kazakhstan
- Kyrgyz security service arrests former prime minister on corruption charges
- Fatal bride kidnapping prompts outrage in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyz authorities uncover 8 suspected terrorism financing cases in 2017
- Kyrgyzstan to set up permanent checkpoints to combat smuggling
- Tajikistan's road quality ranked highest in Central Asia
- Bishkek to host USAID Agriculture Trade and Investment Forum
What changes do you expect as a result of recent top-level meetings between leaders from Central Asia and the United States?