2018-06-22 | Economy
Thousands of Kazakhs move northward with dreams of a new life
Authorities are implementing a voluntary resettlement programme in an attempt to solve two problems -- unemployment in some regions and lack of labour in others.
The World Bank is helping the Kyrgyz government ensure safer school buildings in the face of earthquakes and other climate related natural disasters.
2018-06-20 | Science & Technology
The state-funded programme will enable more than a half-million Kazakhs to advance their computer skills in various information technologies.
2018-06-19 | Science & Technology
More than 1,500 people from across the region attended lectures, master classes and business meetings during the three-day festival in Almaty.
California strawberries, adapted to the conditions in Khatlon Province, are bringing a stable income to Tajik women and their families.
Russian officials cannot hide their fury as Central Asian states are increasingly turning to Washington for economic and security co-operation.
2018-06-15 | Women's Rights
Politicians, civil society activists, artists and schoolchildren are protesting the murder of 19-year-old Burulai Turdaaly Kyzy, who was killed, allegedly by her abductor, last month.
2018-06-15 | Youth
'The Role of Youth in Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalisation That Lead to Terrorism' conference was held in Tashkent and Samarkand June 11-12.
A recently staged murder of a journalist in Ukraine has shone a spotlight on risks that journalists face in Central Asia when they cover Putin and his regime.
- Kyrgyzstan to help female inmates fight drug addiction
- Tajik-Uzbek trade doubled in first 5 months of 2018
- Telegram's Durov wins Kazakh journalists' award for fighting Russian censorship
- 2nd Kyrgyz ex-prime minister jailed in power plant corruption case
- OSCE to teach Kazakh border officers how to identify forged documents
- Tajikistan, World Bank leaders discuss co-operation in Dushanbe
- Uzbekistan 'ready' to host Afghan peace talks
- Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan eye UN Security Council membership in 2028-2029
- Kazakhstan restores historic mosque in Taraz
- Kyrgyz police arrest woman for allegedly impersonating high officials
- Tajik border guards seize 62kg of drugs in 3 shootouts
- Kyrgyzstan to strengthen parliament security with X-ray scanner, metal detectors
- UN-supplied equipment bolsters capacity at Kyrgyz-Uzbek border crossing
- Kyrgyzstan's National Bank creates cyber-security department
- Kyrgyzstan vows to hunt down corrupt government officials
- Almaty opens new centre for children with special needs
- Ukbek national receives life sentence for Stockholm truck attack
- International donors promise to fund solar plant in Kazakhstan
What changes do you expect as a result of recent top-level meetings between leaders from Central Asia and the United States?